Tuesday 1 October 2013

Maleficent Inspired Makeup Look



Maleficent (2014)

How can I create a makeup look based on a film that hasn't been released yet? Simple! Since most of the makeup looks I've created here come from films I haven't seen anyway!  Moving on, what a great way to refresh the whole Disney genre by focusing the film on a villain!  Maybe in 2016 we will have Ursula and in 2018 The Evil Queen?! Although Snow White has been done to death recently, maybe this 5 year gap will be enough to revisit her once more!  I'm a massive fan of Angelina Jolie, she is such an amazing woman on so many levels.  She's an amazing actor, an incredible human rights activist, and what I can see an amazing mum and wife and just, well the list goes on!  I'm so excited for this film, I've already been waiting nearly 2 years for this movie and I still have to wait a little longer!

I wanted to create a makeup look and overall image that almost wasn't complete.  I didn't use foundation or anything on the face and the makeup is quite raw on the face.  It's almost showing the transition between good and evil, and the blank canvas that is my skin is slowly being covered up but the makeup running down my neck.  This makeup look is the type of look that I'm very likely to revisit later and expand on what I've initially created.  Maybe this won't be until the film actually comes out, and maybe it won't be for another 2 years, but at some point, it will be re-done.

Tags: maleficent makeup, sleeping beauty makeup, disney makeup, disney villain makeup, angelina jolie makeup, evil queen makeup, evil witch makeup, horror makeup, halloween makeup, halloween ideas

Makeup products used:

SNAZAROO BLACK
SNAZAROO BRIGHT GREEN
OPI SHATTER THE SCALES (SHATTER GREEN)
ANDREA FULERTON DOT AND FLICK BLACK NAIL ART
COLLECTION 2000 GREEN WITH ENVY
STARGAZER FALSE EYE LASHES
88 ORIGINAL PALETTE COASTAL SCENTS 
MAC CARBON EYE SHADOW
MISS SPORTY LIQUID EYE LINER
MAC TECHNAKOHL LINER IN GRAPHBLACK
MAC ZOOM LASH MASCARA IN ZOOM BLACK
MAC POWDER BLUSHER IN BUFF

No comments:

Post a Comment